PEOPLE HELPING PEOPLE
Supporters of Food Banks Canada are passionate people who care deeply about the problem of hunger in Canada.
They want to ensure that everyone in this country has access to nutritious food in order to live high quality, healthy and whole lives.
With the generous support of our donors, we can continue to provide critical access to food from coast-to-coast-to-coast, whilst also keeping the momentum in our advocacy work to address the root causes of food insecurity.
Their leadership and generosity is making a tangible impact to relieve hunger today and prevent hunger tomorrow, and we remain deeply grateful for their support.
Here are some of the reasons why people like you are taking action to reduce food insecurity in Canada:
“I recently named Food Banks Canada as a beneficiary in my will. I made this legacy gift because I wanted my small estate to work small wonders by keeping open what I consider to be emergency grocery stores for people who unexpectedly find themselves in need.
My choice was simple. Nothing is more essential than food – and an organization that efficiently provides it. I am confident that my contribution will enable people to access basic necessities in a dignified manner.”– Claudette Jones, legacy donor
“The pandemic has had a profound impact on our communities and further worsened the inequalities that were already present pre-pandemic. So many people were negatively impacted with businesses shutting down and hours being cut.
Being in a position to help, we feel a responsibility to do so where we can. For us, Food Banks Canada was an obvious choice. Food insecurity has such a large impact on individuals and their situations. The ability of food Banks Canada to direct the support to where it is needed most was also appealing.
It was the pandemic that prompted us to connect with Food Banks Canada, learning more about the work they do, and it is a cause we will support for years to come.”– Greg Moore & Kyu Choi
We’re also thankful to these donors for their support:
Greg Moore & Kyu Choi
Peter & Catherine Singer
To learn more about our commitment to protecting the trust our donors have placed in us, please read our donor accountability statement
Our promise to you
When you partner with us to help overcome food insecurity in Canada, we will do everything in our power to protect and nurture the trust you’ve placed in us. Here’s our promise to you:
Your gift will make a real difference for food banks and the people they serve
- We make every effort to ensure that as much of your gift goes directly towards helping food banks, and the people they serve and towards reducing food insecurity. In our 2021 fiscal year, 98% of funds went toward supporting our mission.
- You can learn exactly how your gift is supporting food banks and feeding households across Canada in our annual report and financial statements here: https://foodbankscanada.ca/about-us/annual-reports/
- As a member of the Food Banks Canada community, we’ll also send you program updates and stories about the difference you’re making all year long.
Your privacy is one of our top priorities
- As a valued partner of Food Banks Canada, we are committed to respecting and protecting your privacy. You deserve full transparency and accountability when it comes to how we collect and use your personal information.
- We only collect personal information to communicate with you, to administer your donations, and to conduct research to better serve food banks, their clients, and our supporters like you.
- We never share or sell our supporters’ personal information with third parties that aren’t directly involved in Food Banks Canada’s work.
We’re here for you
- If you have any questions about how your gift is being used, please reach out to our Donor Services Team at email@example.com or 1 877 535 0958 x 1131
- If you have any questions about your personal information and how it is being used, please reach out to our Privacy Officer at firstname.lastname@example.org.